Sunday, January 16, 2011

i love sundays

I got up and went to church this morning. On my way down our driveway to my car I started sliding because I was wearing flats. I literally slid a good 12 feet....I just bent my knees and rode with it. You know how when you go roller blading and you can't stop, you have to roll over off the sidewalk into the grass so that you can stop? Well I had to do that after sliding a pretty good bit, I felt a little out of control so in order to stop myself from getting hurt I pulled the age old trick of pulling off into the grass to stop myself. Except instead of grass, it was snow...but snow was better than the ice I was just sliding on and it was a successful stop.

After saving my life once this morning, I drove down to church. I help in the nursery at Calvary chapel in Chattanooga. This morning I was assigned to the little babies (under 1 year). It was a little stressful and hurt my back quite a bit. Lifting them and sitting on the ground for 2 hours was enough to make me feel like an old woman. On my way back from church I called my friend Courtney (who was actually supposed to pick me up for church but she slept through her alarm) and asked her if she wanted to come over for lunch. So she said she did and I picked her up before going to my house. We heated up leftovers from last night (homemade chili). It was just as good the second time around :-). We then took a little snooze while watching paid programming in my room. She slept on the floor on her air mattress that she bought at Walmart for $12. She figured it was worth it for when she slept over. (I'd have to agree)

After taking her home, I heated up other leftovers for dinner (italian beef from a few nights ago) and made a sandwich for me and my roommate, Emily. Now we are at Starbucks down the mountain in Chattanooga with some friends enjoying some coffee purchased with a gift card from Christmas :-) and I'm getting ready to finish my homework that is due tomorrow. I can't believe I'm actually going to have to go to classes!!! It's been great not doing anything the past week, but now it's time to get down to business. I hope everyone had a relaxing Sunday!! I'll let you all know how my first classes of the semester go tomorrow!


agenda for tomorrow night: finish homework, eat dinner, then watch 90210 at 8pm and gossip girl at 9pm. Can't wait to get into these shows! I've had night classes for the past 4 semesters too, so it will be amazing to be able to relax tomorrow night instead of having to sit through a 3 hour long class. :-) I'm looking forward to getting started!

No comments:

Post a Comment