Monday, January 17, 2011

and it begins

Just woke up not too long ago and took a quick shower, cleaned up our kitchen, and made a cup of coffee to start off my morning. I have some homework to do today before class begins so that's what I'm working on. I don't have class until 1pm on MWF so it's really nice! I get to take my time waking up and getting ready and getting some things done before class begins. I have my first work study meeting today at 4pm. I will be working in the admissions office helping them when students come to visit by taking them around campus and showing them what Covenant looks like! Also I'll be answering phones too. But the whole reason I stopped doing my homework to post this was because for one of my classes called Global Trends I have to read this book titled The World is Flat. It's written by Thomas L. Friedman and I'm posting this because I really suggest that you read it!!!! It's extremely interesting and I especially thought people like my dad or Mark Dalbey would like to read it (Nelle...pass it along :-)). It's about globalization and just how the companies around the world are thriving. I'm on in chapter 1 (which is 50 pages long....blahhh) but it's a very interesting topic to read about and I feel like some of you might enjoy it! So if you're looking for a book to read any time soon, you should look into it. I feel so much smarter just reading the first chapter. haha I'll post later tonight to let you guys know how my first few classes go!! Have a great day!


just found this-   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8quDb3FIUuo
it's a video that summarizes part of the first chapter of the book. it's 50 minutes long, but if you want to get an idea of what the book is about, watch part of the video. So interesting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment