I made it safely to and from my car yesterday! Thank goodness. And while I was gone, they actually cleared our street!! YAYYY So now I can drive my car up to the bottom of my driveway, which saves a lot of walking (although I probably could use the exercise). Now I just have to walk up and down our driveway which is comparable to a black diamond ski slope at the moment. It's a dangerous trek down and up...I was actually crawling on all fours last night in order to get up around the corner without breaking my hip.
I watched Grey's Anatomy on my TV in my room last night while 18 people were over for dinner. At our school, the food is terrible, and there are no kitchens on campus. So the original plan was for my roommate's friends to come over for dinner (there were 4 of them who were invited)...somehow that turned into 18 people. They used all of my stuff in the kitchen and made a HUGE mess. I have turned into such an anal person regarding cleanliness in the kitchen and family room that I just had to go up to my room and shut the door so that I didn't have a panic attack watching them destroy our clean kitchen. My roommate was very frustrated as well....so we decided we will never have more than 10 people over ever again. Not that we actually invited the 18 people that showed up last night. I think everyone just heard that people were coming over and hopped on the bandwagon because there was nothing else to do. Everyone has been here for almost a week without anything to do...so I guess I'll let it slide this time. But NEVER AGAIN!
After the frenzy at my place I bailed and walked down to the neighbor's to watch The Jersey Shore. What a show that is. It was me, my old roommate Courtney, and my new neighbors Shane and Wes. The episode was an hour long and full of laughs for us. :-) Those people are absolutely crazy but entertaining nonetheless. My new roommate Emily joined us after the mob of people left our place. Emily's a bit of a scaredy-cat and doesn't like to be home alone so she walked 3 doors down to join us. You would think that walking 3 doors down wouldn't be that dangerous and that it would be just a hop, skip & a jump away....however, with the snow that has been packed down into slippery ice, you have to be super careful not to make the wrong step. It was quite an adventure but we all made it safely. After Jersey Shore, Courtney left to go back to her new place and Emily and I sat on the couch in our apartment and chatted. It was a great conversation and we're really getting to know each other, so things are going really well.
I'm eating breakfast right now- special K vanilla almond with a piece of great harvest pumpkin chocolate chip bread (thanks to gma deana) and a glass of banana, orange, pineapple juice. :-) I realize that it's 1:30 here, but I woke up late and then took a shower and cleaned up my room a bit. So I wasn't quite ready for lunch food yet.
My plans for the day: you're lookin at 'em. I really have nothing to do. I need to get my textbooks because I have assignments to get done, but due to the recent weather we've had, the delivery of all of my textbooks has been delayed. Pretty frustrating but oh well. If that's the worst thing that happens to me this month, I think I'll be alright. These past few days of having nothing to do has really pushed my roommate and I to reconsider not getting cable. We have antennas on the TVs in the house which means we get basic channels like NBC, ABC, the CW, and CBS. There are pretty good shows on those stations during the week days but mostly at night. We may try and find cable for cheap but we'll see. We've also talked about getting a kitten. I really am not a fan of cats AT ALL but it would be nice to have a pet to keep us company when the other isn't here. Dogs are a lot of work but cats aren't really too tough. We'll see...but being cooped up in this place for the past week isn't helping us make our financial decisions! hahah We may need to wait and see how much our electric bill is before we take on anything else. I'll keep everyone updated on any additions we may add to our family. Have a great day!
No comments:
Post a Comment