![]() |
| there it is! hanging above the fireplace in the family room |
![]() |
| the final product! |
So as you can see above, I relaxed myself with a little art therapy after a long day! I had 2 great classes today and a meeting...you may be saying to yourself, "wait Jill, I thought you had 3 classes on your schedule today"....funny you mention that....I was up late chatting with my roommate about life and SOMEHOW slept through my alarm this morning. My first class started at 8am and when did I wake up? 8:15am...wonderful way to start off the semester. My next class was at 9:30 so I quickly got up and got ready and went to class. I met with my professor after my 9:30a class (the one whose class I missed) and thankfully I had him last semester so he knew that I wasn't intentionally trying to miss class. He went over the syllabus with me and informed me on what I missed and that was that. Other than not making a great impression on the first day...it really was the best day for that to happen. Of course I will never let it happen again this semester and out of all the days to miss, the first day would be it.
After a long day at school full of classes, meetings, syllabi, assignments, textbooks, and lots of rain, I finally made it home at 7pm. I made myself some frozen chicken fingers and macaroni and cheese and a big glass of crystal light lemonade. While I was eating my roommate asked me if I wanted to paint. I said no the first time but I knew that was a lie. It's been a really long time since I've actually painted something and I knew I could use a little time of de-stressing. Syllabus week is often very overwhelming and stressful and this semester was no exception. So I gave into the temptation and picked up a paint brush and started going. Once I began I couldn't stop until I was finished (the curse of my selective perfectionism...I say selective because for some reason my OCD doesn't carry over to my school-work, keeping my room clean, nor keeping my car clean). The pictures above show you the task I decided to take on beginning around 8pm. Now that I am finished with the painting, I'm getting some housekeeping things out of the way (like updating you guys on my day! and getting some forms organized for school) and then it's on to homework. It's a good thing I don't have to be at school tomorrow until 12pm! I'm actually drinking a cup of coffee right now...I know that's a shocker for you old folk considering it's roughly midnight here. But I've got stuff to do! Who needs sleep? :-)
So that's my plan for the rest of the night. I'm really encouraged to see/hear that a lot of you guys are checking this close to daily. That's awesome and keeps me accountable in terms of making sure I'm updating this every chance I get. So I'm glad that it's working!!!



No comments:
Post a Comment